Thursday, July 10, 2014

Allergic to Fruits and Vegetables?



Who would think that delicious fruit or vegetables could cause anyone any trouble?





I listed numerous food allergies but found out about a new one -- one I do not have.  Allergies to some fruits and vegetables.  I was sitting with my cousin and found out she was allergic to pineapple and experienced something similar to anaphylaxis when she ate it.  I was surprised.  I had heard of oral allergies before from other members of my family.  The allergy was just a tickle in the throat once a raw piece of fruit or vegetable was eaten.  The less ripe the fruit or vegetable the stronger the reaction. I did some research and found a good article explaining the effect fruits and vegetables can have on someone who has an allergy.  Below is the link to the article.

    http://health.usnews.com/health-news/articles/2007/12/11/a-pesky-allergy-to-fruit-and-vegetables

No comments:

Post a Comment